Monday, November 21, 2005

Revenge of the Nerd

Well, I'm gonna do it. Tonight at midnight I'm heading over to the Kansas City chapter of Nebraska Furniture Mart and see what the line situation for the release of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is. The store opens at 10am tomorrow, and they supposedly have 90 of them to sell. I'm actually hoping I get there and the place is deserted, so that I can come back home and return at a more reasonable hour, like 6am. If not, it may be a long, cold night for me and all the other weirdos. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Hey, bully. Toys are toys, and people who get them first rule. Be careful out there - and hope it's a warmer night there than it is in the OMA.

November 21, 2005 8:54 PM  
Blogger Whooter said...

Blast! Unless, like when the original Xbox launched, I find one somewhere tomorrow, I have been denied, and shall not rule. :) I got to NFM at midnight and there were already close to 100 physical people in line (who knows how many will show up later having had their place held by friends, etc.) Since there were only a total of 120 systems (90 of the "good" ones and 30 of the "sucker-bait" ones), and it was 30 degrees out, I elected to bail.

Suprisingly, I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. Ah well, word has it there should be plenty of systems to go around in the coming weeks. I'll score one before Christmas, I'm sure.

November 22, 2005 1:17 AM  
Blogger Coach said...

Wow, and I thought I was a geek. I'm hoping that with the release of 360, that will mean that basic X will go down in price so I can afford to have the geeks mod it so I can copy games instead of buying. I know, I'm evil.

November 22, 2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home