Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm here!

After nearly a week of non-stop moving activities, I finally finished up this morning and turned in the keys to my old place. I'm now firmly ensconsed in my new digs, and I'm liking it. It'll take a few more days to get everything unpacked and arranged, but I'm certainly relieved to be done with it. Got a new cable company when I moved. Changed from Time-Warner to Everest, and I have to say that overall I like Everest better, but their DVR service sucks ass compared to TW's. You can't stop watching a recorded program, switch to live TV or another recording, and pick up the original where you left off. You have to start watching from the beginning again. The progress bar doesn't give you a timestamp to tell you where you are in the program you're watching. You can't start watching a recorded program while it's still recording. You can't search for a program by typing in it's name, you have to scan through the listings alphabetically, and then only one day at a time. These are all things you can do with TW's software, and it's pretty basic DVR stuff (these are things TiVo has been doing for YEARS, Everest!). I do like having ESPNU, ESPN2HD and NFL Network HD, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coach said...

"ensconsed"

Harry and Terry's Word of the Week, brought to you by Stevie J's!

Glad to hear you are all moved in...now I just need another reason to make a trek to KC to crash on your couch again!

November 14, 2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Joel, what did you ever do when you had to get up and actually change the channels back in the old days! LOL

November 14, 2005 6:54 PM  
Blogger Whooter said...

That's what little brothers are for.

November 14, 2005 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home