Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Microsoft to Gamers: Bend Over

$299 'Core' System$399 SystemMicrosoft released it's pricing structure for the Xbox 360 at a game conference in Leipzig Germany today. $399 for the full-blown package that every self-respecting game geek will buy, or the crippled $299 "core" system that is only being put out there so Microsoft can say, "Hey, we released at $299! It's not our fault nobody bought it." It's disappointing to see the system they've been pushing for months priced $100 higher than I was planning on, but since the separate accessories' pricing is an abomination of it's own, I'll likely bite the bullet and get the more expensive X360. Damn you Bill Gates! Damn you all to hell! lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Red rover, red rover, bend Whooter right over...

August 19, 2005 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Jon Brooks said...

That'll teach them to put PowerPC chips instead of Intel chips.

I mean...now we know why Apples cost so much more than other computers. ;-)

My PS2 has been acting up lately -- freezing when I am playing offense in dynasty mode of NCAA Football 2005 -- so I'll want to get a new console.

I'll wait until next year when the price Joel shows will have dropped in half

August 23, 2005 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home