Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I love the College World Series...sorry AJ.

Outside of opening day of the college hockey season, and Jennifer Garner's birthday, the CWS is my favorite time of year.

Is it perfect? No. But for me, the positives outweigh the negatives every time.

It probably means more to me now that I don't live in Omaha anymore, and have become one of those that roadtrip back for the series every year (granted it's not a long roadtrip, and I don't drive my house back with me). I like getting 12 days off from work to see the series (and who wouldn't like 12 days off?) I get to see my family, my friends, and this year, "George A. Romero's Land of the Dead" on opening day (June 24th) with my Manly Men's Movie Reviews group.

I don't like metal bats, and I don't like schedules that get screwed around for the sake of TV or getting more northern teams in the CWS (note: still doesn't work, either. A max of 2 northern teams can make the series this year.) I don't like morons that decide CWS week is the perfect time to take a trip to a zoo that's open 50 other weekends a year.

I like Zesto's and Hot Fudge Malts. I like tailgating in the parking lot and watching college girls in impossibly small clothing walk around.

Mostly I like watching guys play soley to win, and not multi-millionaires that don't run out fly balls or grounders.

I like hating Texas and LSU (not-so-sadly, there will definitely be no LSU this year.)

Anyhow, here's my predictions/wishes for this year's CWS field:

Super Regional Matchup
----------------------
Tulane vs. Rice - Tulane

Southern California vs. Oregon State - Oregon State

Ole Miss vs. Texas - Ole Miss

Clemson vs. Baylor - Baylor

Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee - Georgia Tech

Florida State vs. Florida - Florida

Cal State-Fullerton vs. Arizona State - Arizona State

Miami (FL) vs. Nebraska - Nebraska

2 Comments:

Blogger something_something said...

Is Nebraska getting in a wish or a prediction?

June 07, 2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger Whooter said...

More prediction than wish. I just can't root for Miami. I can't. I'd rather root for Michigan...

June 07, 2005 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home